Thursday, July 30, 2015

Big Red Spring Springwatercolor

Next up in my series of Saratoga Spring Water Colors, is the Big Red Spring. Since it is now race time and party time at Saratoga, the August place to be, I went over to the Saratoga Racetrack (one of the oldest sporting establishments in the USA) and did this water color, from the "lucky water." 
Big Red Spring is a spring located on the racetrack grounds, and is probably the most frequented of the chain of springs in Saratoga, due to location, location, location.
I parked myself right in front of the Big Red Spring, next to the 'May I Help You' kiosk which essentially is a human cup dispenser for the spring. Anyway, that being said, I overheard a slew of gems, while painting this spring...."I normally don't drink water that comes with a complimentary breath mint".... " Is this safe to drink?"...."It's really, really, salty"...."It tastes like there is minerals in this"..... "It's not Red".... "Drink this every time you come here, for good luck".... "It tastes like the pipes might be a little old and rusty".... "Yuck, I got it on me"...."I heard this is good for you, maybe it'll cure my UTI" 
 I won the first race for a cool $25 then proceeded to pay it back until I gave up with $2 from my wins. Trick is to leave when you are ahead, only play a few races. Any way, I focused more on this painting than the Post Parade, so here it is....

 

2 comments: